In the past few years, action figures have climbed the charts to become the most favorite toys for many children. There are also young adults and older people who enjoy keeping a few action figures around as masterpieces. The toy industry has gone in a manufacturing craze of action figures. Currently, they are being made to resemble famous athletes, sci-fi characters, celebrities, movie characters, fictional characters and many more. They are perfect for different occasions including birthday presents, Halloween presents, Christmas presents and as collectibles.
Useful Tips For Buying Action Figures
There are a few things to consider before buying action figures and they include the following:
– What’s the purpose of buying them? As mentioned above, action figures can serve different purposes but mostly they are categorized as toys or collectibles. There is no need to buy an expensive action figure if it’s just a toy since children can be destructive. However, if it’s a collectible, there is no limit on how much to spend. When looking to buy action figures, it’s important to create a budget. There are a few instances where the action figures may be sold for higher prices than originally estimated. Therefore, the individual should be ready to stretch the budget a little depending on the market price. It’s important to do a little research and find out how much they are currently being sold for which would help with the budget estimation.
– Next step is searching for the action figures. There are many collectors who frequently put up action figures for sale. Start the search on the internet since many collectors may advertise on E-bay or other sites. If there’s no luck there, try looking for department stores that specialize in selling action figures. Don’t forget to do some research in magazines or publications that thrive on the sale of action figures.
– Once the research is complete, the next step is contacting the seller and setting up a meeting. Do a little more research about a particular seller before setting up the meeting. For instance, go through his/her social media platforms to assess whether he/she is legit.
– At the meeting, inspect the action figure to make sure it’s in excellent condition. State the current budget and how far it can stretch. If the seller’s price is too high, some bargaining would come in handy. Agree on a price and take the item back home.
– It’s a very simple process without any complications. However, it’s important to be cautious by setting the meeting in a public place or attending the meeting with an action figure connoisseur to avoid being conned by a malicious seller.
Useful Tips For Maintaining Action Figures
For collectors, maintenance is an important aspect that keeps action figures in exceptional conditions. For those planning to venture into keeping action figures as collectibles, here are some useful maintenance tips that could come in handy.
– Store the action figures in waterproof containers away from direct sunlight and any moisture.
– Don’t store them in dark areas such as the basement or the attic which often become very cold causing damage.
– Store the action figures in airtight containers in a room with normal temperature.
– If possible, wrap them tightly using waterproof material to prevent any damage.
Tips For Displaying Action Figures
– If you have a recreation place in the house, that’s the best place to display the action figures away from direct sunlight.
– To prevent the action figures from accidentally falling over especially in a house with kids running around, place them in a glass cabinet where they can be properly displayed.
– When it comes to cleaning, especially if the toys have gathered dust, brush them softly with a soft toothbrush after soaking in soapy water. Wipe out the water completely or blow-dry them and put them back in display. When packing the action figures, wrap them using bubble wrap and store them in cardboard boxes with Styrofoam.
– When you eventually plan on selling the action figures, start by doing some research about the current market price. Next, place ads on the internet with complete details on the current state of the figures and all the necessary descriptions. If possible, take a few sample photos to make it easier for buyers who plan on purchasing the action figures.